|9:00 am - 9:05 am||
Dr. Michel Vallée, president of the JQH
|9:05 am - 9:50 am||
Dr. Mélanie Godin / Éléonor Riesco, PhD.
Physical Rehabilitation in Hemodialysis [French presentation]
- Recognize the benefits of physical activity for hemodialysis patients
- Initiate a physical rehabilitation program in a hemodialysis setting
- Evaluate the progress of hemodialysis patients in a physical exercise program
|9:50 am - 10:35 am||
Dr. Martine Raymond
Medical Aid in Dying in Hemodialysis [French presentation]
- Review the definition of medical aid in dying and the legal framework surrounding medical assistance in dying in Quebec
- Identify the specific criteria a patient must meet to be eligible for medical assistance in dying
- Outline the medical aid in dying procedures for both patients and physicians.
|10:35 am - 10:45 am||Health Break
|10:45 am - 11:30 am||
Marisa Battistella, pharm.
Conférence Pierre-Nantel: Less Is More!
Polypharmacy and Deprescribing in Patients with End Stage Kidney Disease
- Identify the most common medications used in ESKD patients
- Discuss potential medications that are inappropriately used in ESKD patients
- Evaluate specific deprescribing opportunities for ESKD patients
|11:30 am - 11:55 am||
Dr. Rita Suri
The Impact of Covid-19 in Hemodialysis Units in Quebec: An Update from the Quebec Renal Network
- Describe the impact of COVID-19 in hemodialysis units in Quebec on infection control practices, workflow, and non-dialysis care
- Review the short- and long-term consequences of COVID-19 in hemodialysis patients in Quebec and elsewhere
- Discuss how the Quebec Renal Network can grow to facilitate clinical trials and prospective studies in hemodialysis units in the future
|11:55 am - noon||
Dr. Michel Vallée